Craving for something Japanese? This recipe is your next Japanese quick fix!
California Maki without Japanese Rice? Let’s do it! This is my go-to recipe every time I crave for something Japanese. This salad is very easy to make with just 4 ingredients. You can always add extra ingredients like carrots, cucumber, and nori to make it extra special. This recipe is excellent for the summer since it’s mango season. You can never go wrong with recipe! You can make it as a side to any fried or grilled Asian dishes, or you can simply have it as is.
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Servings: Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 medium romaine lettuce
- 5-6 pcs. crab sticks (Surimi)
- 2 pcs. Ripe Mangoes
- KewPie Japanese Mayonnaise
- Roughly cut lettuce to half inch strips and set aside in a clean serving bowl.
- To remove the “fishy” smell of the crab sticks, I soak them a bit in hot water until they separate into thin strips. Toss in with the lettuce.
- Cut Mangoes into small cubes and add it on.
- Top with any Japanese Mayonnaise of your choice. (I used KewPie for this one.)
- Serve and Enjoy!~
NOTE: You can also use Sesame Mayonnaise or a Vinaigrette for variation.
HAPPY EATING AND HAPPY COOKING!