Very chewy and chocolatey!
My Version of Chewey Double Chocolate Brownies
My favorite thing to bake when I am in the mood is a dozen of Double Chocolate Brownies drizzled with hot chocolate ganache on top. I love it fresh out of the oven. Suggestions on the best chocolate brands to use are included at the end of this post. Happy baking! 🙂
Yield: 16 squares
FOR THE BROWNIES
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup peanuts
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 300 grams semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Cream
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, while beating continuously.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except half the nuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared brownie pans or 8×11″ jelly roll pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool then cut into squares.
- Top with Chocolate Ganache and sprinkle nuts on top.
Procedure for Chocolate Ganache:
- In a double boiler, melt semi-sweet chocolate making sure not to over-heat the chocolates.
- When the chocolates are melted, add in butter and all purpose cream.
- Mix together until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
My Favorite Chocolate Brands:
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Powder
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melts
- Bensdorp Alkalized Chocolate Powder
- Ricoa Dark Chocolate Powder