Easy as ABC
This quick French Macaron recipe is very easy to make, however, it is extremely weather sensitive. It takes me about half an hour to assemble everything each time I make them during winter. Make sure your kitchen or drying area is below room temperature so you can dry the macarons easily before baking them.
Yield: 24-26 pcs French Macarons
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Assembly: 15 minutes
FOR ALMOND/CASHEW POWDER
- 250g sugar powdered
- 150 g almond/cashew
FOR FRENCH MACARONS
- 150 g almond or cashew powder
- 75 g egg whites
- 125 g sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F or 165 C.
- Grease your cookie sheets and line with baking paper (or use silicon mats for better results). Set aside.
- Prepare your almond or cashew powder by sifting together powdered sugar and powdered almonds or cashews.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and sugar until medium to stiff peak.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in almond/cashew powder making sure that the egg whites are aerated throughout the process.
- Mix with food colors of your choice. Divide mixture for each color using separate bowls.
- Pipe cookies on lined cookie sheet about an inch apart. (I always use round size 8 for this recipe.)
- Lightly tap your cookie sheets on the table to release air bubbles on piped cookies.
- Set aside piped cookies for about 5-10 minutes or until dry to touch.
- Bake cookies in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until cookies have risen.
- Take cookies out from trays and keep cool in cooling racks.
- Pair each macaron and fill center with desired flavors. (I used Strawberry Jam, Blueberry Jam, Raspberry Buttercream, Chocolate Buttercream, Matcha Buttercream, Mocha Buttercream, Lemon Buttercream, Orange Jam, Ube Buttercream)