Here's a very easy side salad recipe that is best paired with anything grilled.
I learned this recipe when I went hiking with a group of mountaineers a few years back. This is very easy and it’s a best side dish for anything grilled. I used to call it “Mountain Salad” since I got it from the mountaineers. When I agreed to go hiking, I thought we will be eating canned goods and anything instant at the base camp. I was wrong. Instead, my mountaineer friends set-up a grill from wood and started grilling fresh fish which they caught from the nearby stream. Along side the grilled fish was this fresh salad which I liked so much. They made it with cabbages, but I tweaked it a bit. I use lettuce each time I make it. Hello ABNG Mountaineers! Thanks for this recipe. 🙂
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium lettuce (chopped in strips)
- 4 pcs. tomatoes (sliced, small dice)
- 2 pcs. white onions (sliced, fine strips )
- 3 pcs. salted eggs
- 5 tbsp. vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- To make the salad dressing, in a bowl, mix together vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Slice tomatoes and white onions in small dice.
- Toss the lettuce, tomatoes, and white onions in the salad dressing.
- Add in peeled salted eggs and mix with the lettuce salad.
- Serve and Enjoy!~
DO YOU HAVE A SIDE SALAD RECIPE OF YOUR OWN?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE IT? LET ME KNOW! I’D LOVE TO HERE FROM YOU!