Looking for something different to spice up your daily dishes? Here's a very easy-to-make "Mexican" recipe featuring Longgamiga from Longgafriends!
Longanisa IS my comfort food! Wherever I go, anywhere around the world, I will always look for longanisa. I started introducing it to my non-Filo friends back in Sydney, when I was still a student. I prepare my own food for lunch (baon is life)! They would always look thrilled each time I make my lunch boxes, which consisted of garlic rice, salted egg, slices of tomatoes, and longanisa. “What is this sausage? It’s so tasty!”, “Buy me some! Is it always available?”, “Is this this how you make sausages in the Phils?” Their queries about longanisa amuse me, and because my friends like it, I always try to stock up from the nearby Filipino Shop. This is not my first time making a new recipe out of longanisa. I have tried making pasta and burgers out of it, but this time, I would like to feature something different! The good thing about using this longanisa by Longgafriends, is that you don’t have to put too much of taco seasoning. Longgamiga already has that flavor. You just need to mince it up to pieces a bit to achieve the perfect taco filling texture.
Preparation: 10 mins
Serves: 8-10 Tacos
Cooking Time: 10 mins.
- 4 pcs. Longgamiga (Mexican Longanisa by Longgafriends)
- 1 pack soft shell Tortilla Wraps (taco shells)*
- 3 pcs. tomatoes
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- a bunch of basil
- 1 can of button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 whole white onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack Clara Ole Salsa*
- 1 pack Clara Ole Cheddar Cheese Sauce*
- Hot Chili Sauce
- Cook Longgamiga as per package instructions… or ditch the instructions and cook it your way. (Toasted, boiled and fried, baked… as long as it’s thoroughly cooked, we’re good to go!)
- Mince up Longgamiga once it’s cooked.
- Saute a bit of onions and cook mushrooms with it. Set aside.
- Prepare all other raw ingredients and slice your tomatoes and onions in brunoise. (Or generally how you would like to cut your tomatoes and white onions.)
- Mix your tomatoes with the salsa.
- Slice your lettuce and basil in chiffonade.
- Toast your tortilla wraps in a pan.
- Assemble the tacos and top with cheese sauce and hot chili sauce.
* You can also use hard taco shells if that’s what you prefer. 🙂
* You can also use Spicy Salsa if you want it with a bit of a kick and any cheese that’s readily available.
Check-out Longgafriends on Facebook for more #LonggaFriendsRecipes!!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY RECIPES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?
WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR PRODUCTS TO BE FEATURED?
SEND ME A MESSAGE ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE!
I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!