This is a salad dish that is very easy to prepare. This can be made days ahead and just reheat anytime.
When I was in Sydney, I had very little time to prepare my own meals. The oven was my best friend, as I usually just toss anything in. I would buy fish fingers and just let them bake in the oven for a couple of minutes. Or if I’m feeling a bit fancy, I would make a salad out of roasted vegetables. What I like about this recipe is that it doesn’t spoil easily. I just portion them in microwaveable take-away boxes and have them for lunch or dinner at school or sometimes even at work.
Preparation Time: 17 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 medium zucchini (cut in wedges)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (cut in thin quarters)
- 1 carrot (cut in wedges)
- 10 pcs. marble potatoes (cut in halves)
- 1 large capsicum (aka bell pepper, sliced in strips)
- rosemary (fresh or dried)
- thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 medium romaine lettuce
- 2oo g Goat’s Cheese (or any soft cheese like Feta or White Cheese)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- While cutting the vegetables, preheat oven at 200*C for about 15 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette dressing, in a clean bowl, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Place cut vegetables (except for the lettuce) in a baking pan and sprinkle with rosemary and thyme.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil and place pans in preheated oven.
- Roast the vegetables for about 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through. Try to stir the vegetables from time to time making sure it doesn’t burn on one side.
- When the roasted vegetables are cooked, cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Toss the roasted vegetables with lettuce and vinaigrette dressing.
- Transfer on a clean plate or bowl and top with Goat’s Cheese or any cheese of your preference.