This Burrito recipe is very easy, filling, and fresh! This is a Vegan-friendly recipe. :)
I first tried Vegan Burrito from a Vegan Cafe in Makati and it gave me the idea so I decided to replicate it. This Burrito recipe is very easy and quick, you can make this even on a very busy weeknight. It is very filling and fresh, I can actually eat this for several days straight. I love to top it off with Sriracha or any local hot sauce.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 12 mini burritos or 8 large burritos
For the Burrito
- 3 cups Pre-cooked Brown Rice (you can also use Basmati, Jasmine, or any rice of your choice)
- 2 medium Romaine Lettuce (chunky cut, similar to chiffonade)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (finely cut)
- 400 g Corn Kernels (frozen or canned)
- 4 medium Red Onions (very small dice)
- 100 g Raisins
- 6 medium Tomatoes (very small dice)
- 250 g Chickpeas (canned, drained)
- Whole Wheat Soft Tortilla Wraps
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp Malt Vinegar / Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil (Extra Virgin is better)
- pinch of Dried Oregano
- pinch of Dried Basil
- pinch of Dried Parsley
- 1 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- Salt to taste
- White Pepper to taste
- In a huge bowl, mix vegetable ingredients all together.
- Add in dressing until everything is incorporated well.
- In a non-stick pan, heat tortilla wrappers over medium fire.
- Assemble with pre-cooked rice and wrap with a foil.
NOTE: You can assemble the burritos, wrap them with foil, and keep them in the fridge for two to three days. You can easily heat the burritos over a pan, or consume them as is.
HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!