Easy Beancurd and Mushrooms Hotpot
My ingredients were supposed to be for Kimchi Jjigae, but apparently we ended up eating the Kimchi before they were even turned into a soup. So I had to cook something else with the vegetables I had left. I love how these ingredients were just perfect for a quick hotpot! You can easily whip this up in just a couple of minutes.
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time: 15-20 mins.
- Tofu (300g)
- Zucchini, 1 pc. (sliced)
- Enoki Mushrooms (1 bunch)
- Straw Mushroom (1 can, 275 g.)
- Carrots, 2 pcs. (sliced)
- Garlic, 4 cloves (chopped)
- Onion, 1 pc.
- Malt Vinegar (3 tbsp.)
- Soy Sauce (2 tbsp.)
- Oyster Sauce (2 tbsp.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Black Beans (3 tbsp.)
- Corn Starch Slurry (1/4 cup water with 2 tbsp. cornstarch)
- Spring Onions (for garnish)
- In a medium sized heavy bottom pan, saute onions and garlic in a bit of cooking oil.
- Add in carrots until they are half-cooked.
- Add in zucchini and stir.
- When zucchini and carrots are almost cooked through, add in the mushrooms and stir.
- Mushrooms cook fast, but you have to make sure they are cooked-through so add in about 1/4 cup water and simmer.
- Add in the sauces and vinegar and then simmer.
- Add in tofu and black beans. Mix all ingredients together, making sure the tofu won’t disintegrate throughout the process.
- Add in Corn Starch Slurry to make the sauce thick. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until everything is cooked through.
- Serve in a dish with hot rice. Garnish with spring onions.