Here's a very easy salad recipe you can easily whip up on a very busy day.
Having pasta salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner is a great way to introduce veggies to your diet. My recipe for chilled chicken pasta salad is my go-to dish when I’m in a rush or unsure what to cook. I prep the ingredients every weekend so I can just toss them together, sprinkle some Kewpie and I’m done! It’s fresh, delicious and filling. I serve this dish at least twice a week because it’s just too good to resist.
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
FOR THE SALAD
- Fusilli (spiral pasta)
- 1 romaine lettuce
- whole chicken, boiled with a tbsp of salt and cut in strips
- 1 cucumber (peeled, chopped in strips)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- few tbsp vinegar
* Optional: parsley/kinchay
FOR THE DRESSING
- sesame oil
- fish sauce
- chili flakes
- Boil pasta and chicken separately. Set aside until cool, or immerse in ice water for 30 sec and then drain.
- Shred or slice the chicken.
- Slice the red onion into paper-thin strips. Don’t cry LOL. Soak for 5-10 mins in vinegar until pink.
- Peel the cucumber and remove seeds. Slice it in half lengthwise and cut diagonally into thin (0.5 cm) half-moon pieces.
- Chop romaine lettuce into 2-inch chunks. Rinse well and dry (use a salad spinner if you have one).
OPTIONAL Chill solid components 15 min before mixing.
- In a bottle, mix 3 parts sesame oil with 1 part patis and 1 part toasted chili flakes. Shake vigorously to emulsify. Toss the dressing in a big bowl with the other ingredients.* (You can also add Kewpie Roasted Sesame Dressing for added flavor.)
This recipe was contributed by Camille Bonilla Tumesa.
Do you have recipes that you would like to share?
Do you have products that you would like to be featured?
Let’s Collaborate! Feel free to send me a message on my Facebook Page!
Or send me an e-mail at [email protected]
I’d love to hear from you!