This one is dedicated to all the my Matcha lover readers.
Reaching out to every Matcha lover out there. The fascinating fact about Matcha is that its flavor has a unique gentle taste that reminds you of something fresh all the time. I have tried two ways of baking these awesome babies, pound and chiffon. But, I’m sharing the best recipe I’ve tried by far.
Yield: 2 dozens
For the Cupcake Base:
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tsps Matcha powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsps. fresh milk
- green food color
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cashew/pistachio nuts
- In a bowl, sift all dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat well until smooth and creamy.
- Place cupcake liners into muffin tin and fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180° C or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place in wire racks until cool.
- Frost with green buttercream frosting and sprinkle with chunks of cashew nuts or pistachios.
Buttercream Frosting Directions:
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in confectioner’s sugar.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, and food color (I used teal baker’s gel, about 1 drop for an entire buttercream recipe).
- Mix in chopped nuts for texture.