Easy Pesto Sauce topped with Salted Egg and Tomatoes
I love basil, I love olive oil. I love pasta. So the next best thing that I have in mind is to put them all together. For this dish, you can make your own pasta, or you can always use a store-bought pasta. You can use whatever pasta you like, whether it’s spaghetti, linguine, macaroni, angel-hair or whichever is available. I used to serve this in my cafe. This is my all-time favorite pasta sauce to whip up because it’s so easy. Feel free to try it out. 🙂
SALTED EGG TOMATO PESTO
- 3 cups olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 salted egg
- Cook pasta per package instructions.
- In a blender, combine olive oil, cashew nuts, garlic, and basil until it is sauce-like.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper for flavor (you can always adjust the quantity of cheese, salt & pepper according to your preference).
- In a pan, saute a little bit of garlic in olive oil.
- Add in cooked pasta. For a cup of pasta, add in 2 tablespoons of prepared pesto sauce.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and salted eggs.